3 Beards Limited (“we” or “3beards”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and it is important to us that you have a clear understanding of how the personal information you provide to 3beards is used.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter, provide content for our blog page and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, gender, address and postcode, email address and phone number. It is your responsibility to keep this information up to date.
Information we collect about you. Each time you view or interact with the Site and any of its features or functionality, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your internet service provider (ISP), your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, mobile carrier, operating system and platform and sites that have embedded our platform technology; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); job adverts viewed or searched for; traffic data related to application; settings adjusted; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to contact 3beards.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that information that it may be shared internally and combined with information collected on the Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
3. Uses made of teh information
We use information held about you to:
- provide our services to you;
- communicate with you and to inform you about changes to and new features of the Site and our services;
- occasionally send you service or promotional communications through email and notices on the Site;
- administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, information analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- help keep the Site safe and secure; and
- ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
4. Disclosure of your information
- We may share your information with selected third parties who help us deliver our services to you. These third parties may not use your information for any other purpose.
- We may disclose your personal information if 3 Beards Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
5. Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. However, please note that emails, instant messages and other similar means of communication with other users of the Site are not encrypted and we strongly advise you not to use these means to communicate any confidential information.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
If you follow a link to any third party website displayed on our Site, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
7. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
8. Deletion and retention of your data
We generally retain your personal information for no longer than necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or to enforce our legal agreements.
Except to the extent necessary to provide you with our services, we have no obligation to retain your information and may delete any or all of your information without liability. However, we may retain certain data contributed by you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, or if required by law.
We may retain any personal information in a residual form on our offsite backup media for approximately 6-12 months before it is permanently deleted.